Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon. Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.
Add the potatoes and cook until soft. Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar. You can have Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- It’s 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Frying oil.
- Prepare of Smoked salmon.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Capers.
- You need of Fresh dill.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as necessary. In Russia, smoked salmon (and caviar) are served on diminutive pancakes called blini, with a dollop of sour cream as the finishing touch. Peel the potatoes, rinse and coarsely grate. Mix with the eggs and flour.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon step by step
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Serve potato pancakes with arugula, smoked salmon and creme fraiche mixture. Cook extra mashed potatoes during the week and you'll have the basis of this fabulous weekend brunch dish. Dill helps with digestion and Transfer the pancakes to warmed plates. Top each with smoked salmon, sour cream, and dill. Season well with black pepper and serve with lemon wedges.