Jamaican Christmas Cake.
You can have Jamaican Christmas Cake using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Christmas Cake
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Jamaican white over proof rum.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of port wine or red label wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of currants.
- You need 1/2 cup of dates.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried prunes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maraschino cherries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 of grated zest from one lime.
- It’s 1 cup of dark molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbs of browning.
- It’s 1 tbs of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 9 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground all spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Jamaican Christmas Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degree then grease and flour 2 round baking pans or which size pan u choose..
- In a blender add rum, wine, dates, raisins,cherries with their liquid, prunes, currants, chopped almond, orange juice and blend until all the fruits are chopped. Let sit for 1hr (2days is way better 😀).
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Then add eggs mix well.
- Add molasses, browning, blended fruit mixture, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract and stir.
- Add flour, nutmeg, cloves, all spice, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, lime zest and stir. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your baking pans and bake for 1hr. You can put some cherries in the center of the batter if you wish. Stick a toothpick in the middle to ensure it's done. Tooth pick will come out clean if it's done. Enjoy!.