PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie. Amish Chicken Pot Pie is a staple in the Pennsylvania Dutch community. Brothy and full of flavor In a large stock pot add chicken broth, chicken and a pinch of turmeric. I was searching for a recipe for PA Dutch Pot Pie as my Mom never kept recipes-it was all stored in her.
Traditional comfort food that you just can't seem to get anywhere but the right in Traditional PA Dutch chicken pot pie. One pot old fashioned dinner with homemade noodles. There are various ways to make a traditional Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie or "bott boi." Every family has their own way of making it, I totally get it! You can have PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie
- You need 4 cups of Cooked Chicken -about.
- You need 8 of large potatoes.
- It’s 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 jar of chicken soup base.
- Prepare 2 bags of potpie noodles.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cornstarch/1 cup cold water.
My ancestry is PA Dutch and I grew up eating Pot Pie just as your recipe states, so I feel you really nailed it. You took the steps to simplify the. Everyone thinks that "Chicken Pot Pie" is a meal that is served in a pie crust of some sort. Those are "meat pies." Chicken pot pie is actually a Pennsylvania Dutch dish and is more of a soup or stew.
PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- In large stockpot start with 12 cups of water. Add soup base until fully dissolved..
- Once broth is to a simmer add precooked chicken, carrots and potatoes. NOTE – peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Add salt and pepper to taste. I usually add about a tbsp of both..
- Simmer covered on low for 1/2 hour or until carrots and potatoes are fork tender..
- Mix cornstarch with COLD water and mix into soup. Bring back to a simmer..
- Slowly add noodles. I usually drop 2-4 at a time in different spots so they don't clump together. Stir frequently..
- After all noodles have been added simmer for 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let rest for 1/2 hour. During this time it will thicken and the flavor will grow..
- Serve as you would soup or stew!.
It is a little time-consuming to prepare, but you make your own noodles and, in the end. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! If you're looking for a hearty recipe to make for dinner on chilly nights, this Chicken Pot Pie is fantastic. They made their own pot pie noodles–I buy 'em.