No machine Fig and Cinnamon Ice-cream garnished with cookies.
You can have No machine Fig and Cinnamon Ice-cream garnished with cookies using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No machine Fig and Cinnamon Ice-cream garnished with cookies
- It’s 4-5 of fresh figs, stem removed and quartered.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4-5 of pistachios chopped(optional).
- Prepare as needed of Cookies crumbled for garnishing (optional).
No machine Fig and Cinnamon Ice-cream garnished with cookies instructions
- In a saucepan take the figs, honey, salt, cinnamon and 1/3 cup of water and bring it to boil..
- Keep cooking till the fig falls apart and the entire mixture comes to consistency of jam. Keep stirring in between such that you do not burn the mixture..
- Once done turn off the flame, remove the cinnamon sticks, add the lemon juice and let it cool..
- In a steel or heatproof glass vessel take the egg yolks. To it add the sugar and beat it till you achieve a lighter colour of the yolk..
- In another vessel take the cream and milk and let it simmer (do not boil) till you see bubbles in the mixture. You can also microwave it..
- Meanwhile take a pot, add some water and bring the water to simmer. Choose a pot such that the pot with egg yolk sits on this pot. Once it starts simmering, lower the flame and leave it as it is..
- Now add the hot cream mixture to the stirred egg yolk little by little with constant stirring such that you do not cook the egg yolks. This is called tempering. Add the vanilla essence to the mixture and stir properly..
- Take the pot with the custard and let it sit on the simmering water. Be careful, the water should not boil. In case it does, it will cook the egg..
- Then keep stirring the mixture till the custard is little concentrated. To check the doneness of the custard, take a wooden spatula and put it in the mixture, if the custard coats the spatula evenly then it is done..
- Once done, remove the pot and turn off the flame. The custard base is now ready. You can incorporate your jam to make the ice-cream..
- If you have an ice-cream maker, you can put this base in the machine and follow manufacturer instructions..
- If you do not have one, take this mixture in bowl, keep it in the freezer. After 45 minutes, remove the bowl from freeze and whip the mixture with a whisk..
- Continue this process for 2-3 hours and then let it solidify for about 6 hours or preferably overnight..
- Your ice-cream is now ready to be served. Scoop out the delicacy and garnish it with chopped pistachios..
- You can also garnish it with cookie crumbs for the extra crunch..
- Enjoy the ice-cream with your family and friends.