Best shepherds pie. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Rough up the surface of the mashed potatoes with a fork so there are peaks that will get well browned.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. The best shepherd's pie is sometimes what I turn to when I have had a bad day, if I'm feeling down, cold, or, just for any reason at all and I need to indulge in some gorgeous comfort food, and you know. You can have Best shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best shepherds pie
- Prepare 2 of packages ground beef.
- Prepare 1/3 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of small mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of can of peas and carrots.
- It’s 6 of bacon strips.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce.
- It’s 3 of packages instant potatoes.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese flakes.
Shepherd's pie probably isn't your go-to weeknight dinner, but during the fall and winter, it's worth adding into the rotation. Classic Shepherd's Pie recipe – a casserole of ground lamb (or beef!) mixed with vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a rustic dish originally from the UK, and it's the perfect type of comfort food to keep on hand in I like doing this because the steam can escape better when the potatoes are spread out. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy, topped with a creamy layer of delicious mashed potatoes and baked.
Best shepherds pie instructions
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Brown beef in bacon fat with onions, mushrooms, garlic, peas, and carrots, and sauces.
- Now spread mixture into a 9 13×9 pan cut bacon into bite size pieces and cream on top now set aside.
- Cook potatoes as directed, then spread on top of beef cover with çheese and bake at 375 for approx 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese browns, may have to broil for a couple minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes and enjoy.
See more ideas about Shepherds pie, Cottage pie, Recipes. Delicious and hearty, this vegetarian shepherd's pie loaded with veggies and protein rich kidney beans is the BEST! Subscribe to BBC Good Food magazine and get triple-tested recipes delivered to your door, every month. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. Ground lamb, vegetables and Guinness for an extra flavor boost, all topped with fluffy mashed This Traditional Shepherd's Pie is a British comfort food classic loved by all.