SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN. Split peas and barley are cooked with garlic, onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in this meatless soup which is seasoned with basil and thyme. This makes a very thick vegetarian split pea soup. To make it thinner, reduce the amount of split peas or add more water.
Serve this vegan and vegetarian split pea soup with some crusty bread, biscuits (or vegan biscuits), or a simple side salad for a full meal. Many of you were enthusiastic about the lentil soup recipe I posted a few weeks back. I like to finish each bowl with a generous drizzle of golden olive oil, a few flecks of lemon zest, and a dusting of smoked paprika to give the soup some. You can have SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
- You need 1 lb of split peas.
- Prepare 6 of large carrots.
- You need 5 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of medium-large leek with dark green top removed and discarded.
- Prepare 1 of large (not gigantic) onion.
- You need 4 tablespoons of olive oil Or unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 9-10 cups of water.
Ultra creamy vegan split pea soup. This richly flavored soup is hearty and satisfying and makes a delicious plant-based appetizer or main. Our vegan tomato soup and vegan tomato basil soup are both tomato soups but are totally different, try both if you're a fan of tomatoes! Vegan Split Pea Soup is a hearty mix of green split peas, carrots, celery, onion and green cabbage simmered with flavorful herbs – it's my all-time favorite split pea soup recipe!
SPLIT PEA SOUP, VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN instructions
- Small chop or large dice all vegetables..
- In Dutch oven (large pot) heat olive oil or unsalted butter to medium-low.
- Sautee veggies slowly about 12 minutes until cooked down slightly, stirring occasionally..
- Add split peas, water and salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer, cook 75 minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed..
Includes slow cooker, Instant Pot + stovetop methods. Let's start the new year with a big bowl of warm and comforting. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Serve it up with smoky tempeh crumbles and a slice of crusty bread. There is nothing I love more than a comforting steaming bowl of soup.