Chicken Waldorf Salad. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble. If you use rotisserie chicken, keep in mind that it's salty and omit the. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
This healthy salad is filled with lean protein, fruit and heart-healthy nuts. I lighten this up a bit by using a combo of mayo and Greek yogurt. I first heard of Chicken Waldorf Salad as a teen. You can have Chicken Waldorf Salad using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Waldorf Salad
- Prepare 3 cups of cooked diced chicken.
- Prepare 2 cups of grapes, halved.
- Prepare 2 of apples, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 10 cups of fresh mixed greens.
Tea parties were in vogue in our homeschool circle, so we were always on the lookout for new tea-ish recipes to try. Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise. This delectable recipe is one of our favorite chicken salad recipes. A version of popular Waldorf salad made with chicken breasts, roasted walnuts, apple, dried cranberries, and grapes is served in a light mayonnaise and yogurt dressing.
Chicken Waldorf Salad instructions
- Cook and dice chicken..
- Cut grapes and add to bowl..
- Cut apples and add to bowl..
- Chop walnuts and add to bowl..
- In separate bowl, combine Greek yogurt and mayonnaise..
- Mix into bowl with chicken, apples, grapes and walnuts..
- Enjoy served with fresh greens!.
- This is a great lunch for meal prepping. Just place salad in separate bag to keep from getting soggy..
Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic cold salad made with tender chunks of chicken, apples, grapes, nuts, and celery in a creamy dressing. It is savory and sweet while being a great combination of. When apple season hits, make this chicken Waldorf salad your go-to lunch, or leave a batch of this in You may think of a Waldorf salad as a retro dish created in a fancy hotel, but it's a classic that's. One of the reasons I tell people to roast two chickens at a time in our new cookbook, Ready or Not. Waldorf Chicken Salad – a classic salad that will surely hit the spot, packed with chicken, apples, pears and grapes and a creamy and delicious dressing.