Beef and Bean Burritos. When ready to serve, drizzle the remaining can of tomato sauce over all of the burritos and sprinkle with more grated Cheddar. These beef and bean burritos are easy to make and quite delicious. The ground beef is cooked along with onion, garlic, and spices, and then combined with refried beans and mixed with enchilada sauce.
These hearty beef, bean, and cheese burritos are very filling, and they are great for lunch boxes, right out of the freezer. Add refried beans and burrito seasoning packet. Beef and Bean Burritos are super easy to make and are an economical family meal. You can have Beef and Bean Burritos using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Bean Burritos
- It’s 1 of large pack ground beef.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 10 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning mix.
- Prepare Dash of black pepper.
- It’s 1 can of refried beans.
- It’s of Flour Tortillas.
- You need 2 cups of 4 cheese Mexican shredded cheese, or sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1-16 ounce of jar of Salsa.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Butter cooking spray.
The filling can be made ahead of time and it just takes minutes to finish them off. They can be served with salsa, sour cream, and avocado for a delicious Mexican meal. Mexican food is pure comfort food and it is really. OPTIONAL: Fill burritos with any optional ingredients you like. (I love them full, but my boys like them very plain.) First, an important clarification: The Pioneer Woman Cooks is not meant to be an encyclopedia of innovative gourmet recipes.
Beef and Bean Burritos step by step
- Brown ground beef in a large pan, drain off any fat……
- Put chopped green pepper, onion and minced garlic to sauté with ground beef…..Sauté until veggies are tender……
- Add to ground beef mixture: taco seasoning mix, black pepper and your can of refried beans…..Mix all well……Remove from heat…..
- Lightly spray a large baking pan with butter cooking spray…..
- Place one flour tortilla on a plate…….
- Place 2 heaping spoons of the meat mixture in the middle of the flour tortilla…….
- Place some shredded Mexican cheese on top of meat mixture, then wrap tortilla up as if you were wrapping up an envelope……
- Place wrapped up tortilla in a large baking pan, repeat until all meat mixture is used up…….
- Pour your jar of salsa all over wrapped burritos……
- Next place any remaining cheese over burritos……
- Place baking pan in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until Cheese has melted……
- Serve and enjoy 😉! Make sure you put some sour cream on top of your burrito 🌯!!! 😊.
Top with Bean and Beef filling and any additional desired filling ingredients.* Optional to "crisp" burritos: Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Seasoned beef and beans get stuffed into tortillas alongside cilantro lime rice, monterrey jack cheese, pico de gallo and sour cream to create the ultimate flavor-packed burrito made right at home! For a vegetarian option, omit the beef and add another can of red kidney beans. For freezer burritos, wrap each burrito in plastic wrap. Place burritos in a gallon-sized freezer ziploc bag.